Saturday, January 24, 2015

The More Things Change...

So far, 2015 hasn't been much better than 2014, healthwise. As a matter of fact, it's worse. I totally weaned off the prednisone. Yay, me, right? Wrong. I've been thinking that my pain was worse because we had some really exceptionally cold weather blast through right after the first of the year. Well, now it's been warmer than normal, like near 60 for a few days, and more warm weather expected next week, but my body is throwing a tizzy.  Today, I'm actually having a flare of the PR (palindromic rheumatism) in the top of my right hand. Haven't had one of those in awhile. Ouch. Plus, my pain level has been creeping up a little more every day. Tonight, I'm at about an 8. Dr S did give my old pain meds back, but not the same dose as the Fremont Dr S did. It does nothing. He gave me 30, and I don't go back until May. He only wants me to take 1 or 2 a week. I took 2 yesterday. Crap. Wednesday I got my check, so I went to Walmart for some groceries and a couple other things we needed. Mistake. Big Mistake. Thursday, yesterday, I could barely get out of bed. Today, I thought I was a little better until we went to Hobby Lobby and then again to Walmart, and then I made some brownies and started to make chicken enchiladas when I hit the bottom. Spoons were GONE. The Elders came over for dinner, I managed to make it until they left and I came to bed. I think my only solution may be prednisone again. Well really, I should be happy to look like the Michelin Man, right?

My laptop died today. That really sucks, I mean, really. This tablet is great for looking stuff up and maybe playing a game or two, taking pictures, etc., but to type and enter things for genealogy, not so much. Not at all, actually. I'm afraid it may be most sincerely dead. Last night I put it to sleep (good thing it's not a dog), and today the screen won't come on, and it doesn't connect to the internet.

That's about all the good cheer I can muster tonight. Later taters.

No comments: