Sunday, August 17, 2008

Refreshing day for Nebraska in August

I got up early enough this morning that I actually made it to church. Yay for me. I don't set my alarm to get up anymore, if I do I'm usually still so sleepy that driving anywhere is out of the question, unless I go to bed at 8 or so, but when I got up this morning and it was relatively early I grabbed quick shower and off to church I went. It was a pretty good Sunday School class and sacrament - didn't quite make it up early enough for Relief Society, but 2 meetings was better than none. With the same sex marriage law passing in California we had our requisite talk on the Proclomation of the Family again this month, from our High Council speaker, but he kept it short and to the point and we actually got out on time, which is rare for High Council Sundays!

I got home a little after 2 and Steve got home shortly after, so we took a drive up near Ft. Calhoun. We were lucky to have such a nice weekend, it got a little warm today, 89, but the heat index was tolerable because it wasn't humid at all. It's been wonderful! It's going to get warm again this week, so I'm glad we got out for a nice drive to enjoy the weather.

I should have worked some OT this weekend, but I really didn't feel like it, so I didn't. We've been doing pretty good, even getting caught up with the backlog of rehab work a little. We only had a little over 200 jobs on Friday, down from 500 a couple weeks ago. Whew!

After dinner it was actually nice enough to sit outside - until the mosquitos came out to dine on US - we decided it was time to head in then. It's been a peaceful weekend with great weather! What more could you ask for?

Later.

No comments: