Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wednesday - already? ha ha

I did go to the hospital to work last night. What doesn't seem like a long drive in the daytime takes forever at night when you're tired. I'm glad I don't have to do that very often.

I forgot to mention Mother Nature played an April Fool joke on us yesterday, we woke up to snow - again. It wasn't much and it didn't last, but it does explain why I couldn't sleep the night before. Probably the sound of those darn snowflakes hitting the side of the house... ha ha

So far today everything seems to be working well. (Knock on wood.) I'm going to get to work in about an hour or so, get some OT in on this check. It was kind of fun working at the hospital last night. Being a small hospital it's very quiet at night, even with visitors coming and going, it's almost eerie. I did have a good time working with the girls who do the scanning at night, they're a hoot. I even managed to get some work done in spite of having fun with them, having no speed keys, and using a regular keyboard. (I forgot my disk with my speed key file on it - and for some reason I thought there was an ergonomic keyboard up there.) I can't hardly type without my ergonomic keyboard, my wrists hurt like the devil when I got home. I don't think I'll forget that next time.

It's still cloudy today, but warmer than yesterday. It didn't hit 40 yesterday, and it's 46 already. Our average for this time of year is 60, so we're still below average, but it's starting to feel better. Maybe one of these nights I'll take one of the wool blankets off the bed...

The new router finally arrived yesterday too, so we got the other computers back up and running. I finally got my mp3 player to download from Rhapsody. Things are looking up!

Well, I guess that's it for now. I've got some stuff to get done before I start work. Later.

No comments: