Sunday, January 6, 2008

I accomplished a little...

It was a productive weekend. I didn't get the Christmas stuff put away, but I did get my half of the closet cleaned, and that was a big job! I had about 3 baskets of clothes that needed to be put away, but didn't have any room because my summer clothes were still hanging around. I never got around to putting it away this fall! So yesterday and today I worked on getting rid of clothes I haven't worn in awhile, putting away my summer stuff, and putting aside some things for my friend who said she'd take sweaters and stuff I no longer needed. I actually took a huge bag of stuff to Goodwill and I have another whole bag to take up to work, AND I filled a storage bin and a small box full of summer stuff. Whew! Now we can actually walk in our walk-in closet! Tomorrow I just might tackle the closet in the hallway! Or not.

Dinner at the Spaghetti Works was fun last night. It's been a long time since I was there. They've expanded the restaurant and it was nice. The menu was expanded too, but we all settled for the old stand by stuff... Mostaccoli and sweet Italian sausage for me. Yum. I especially like the salad bar too, and the garlic bread wasn't so bad... It was good to see Mike too, he's grown his hair back (no more shaving his head), and has a beard. It feels like forever since they moved, but I think it was just because they missed the holidays that it feels like they've been gone so long. The whole family might be back in March - it'll be nice to see Amy and the kids again.

I slept like a log last night, finally! I couldn't get to sleep, but once I did I didn't wake up until after 12 this afternoon. I heard Steve get up with the dogs to give them breakfast, but he came back to bed and slept as long as I did. Maybe, although I don't remember him getting up and going to work everyday, his getting ready just disturbs my sleep enough that I don't sleep well after he leaves. It would certainly help if he would shave and blow dry his hair in the other bathroom, but whatever. He used to, I'm not sure why he doesn't anymore. Maybe I'll mention it to him.

I guess that's it for my exciting weekend, hope you didn't get too excited reading about all my adventures... LOL

2 comments:

RE said...

Yay for productive weekends!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you sista! From what you had shown me......that was alot of work! I'm sure your friend will be happy with the clothes your giving to her as well. What a gal. :) Keep up the good work. Missy