Saturday, January 5, 2008

TGIF

Wow, it's been a long week! These holidays are killing! I agree with my brother that I'm glad the holidays are over because now I can look forward to spring and summer - most definitely more to my liking than winter! Actually, it's not supposed to be too bad this weekend with highs in the mid-40s, anyone who has lived in Nebraska for any length of time knows that weather like that is a treat in January.

Mike (Steve's nephew) is here from Memphis to visit his son for several days, so we're all getting together tomorrow night in the Old Market to have dinner at the Spaghetti Works. Mike and his family moved to Tennessee before school started this year when his wife got a great job there. We miss them a lot, so it will be fun to see him and go out to dinner. I'm starting to sound like somebody else in the family who never cooks and goes out to eat all the time - and I don't mean Missy, either! Roll It's kind of nice not to have to use the new dishwasher, I'm sure it'll last longer this way! ha ha!

I'm having a terrible time trying to sleep this week, for some reason I just don't feel sleepy. The problem is I think I'm still just wired from the holidays and can't relax when I go to bed. Even with my Ambien I was up the other night until 4 - and as you can see, it's after 2 and I'm still wide awake.

I just have to tell everyone how proud I am of my 13-year-old niece, Sarah. She's been growing her hair out for a couple of years so it would be long enough to donate to Locks of Love, I think it had to be 10" long, and she finally made it this past weekend. She looks so cute with her short hair, I just love it! I'm so proud of her for wanting to donate her hair though. What a sweetheart! My pictures are on my laptop, hopefully I'll remember next time I'm logged on and I'll post the before and after pics.

The docs really piled the work on tonight, holy Moses! I worked my fingers to the bone and still feel like I didn't accomplish much. I'm trying to figure out how I can log in and do nothing for hours and still make my line quota, like someone who shall remain nameless. It's going to be a long week - our manager went to Walt Disney World with her family, and her brother and his family (wouldn't that be fun?), so I imagine I'll pretty much be the only one working at night until she gets back. Not that that's anything new, it just gets old after awhile.

Steve's company store is finally open again - hallelujah! We can get the stuff Conagra makes for ridiculously low prices, and we've been seriously running low lately, but first they were closed for remodeling and then for the holidays. I think Steve said he was going to get up when the dogs wake him up (in about 4 hours - bwa ha ha) and then head over to Counciltucky to load up on some food. I'd go with him, but by the time I fall asleep, I'm going to be enjoying it! Besides, the only thing I really want is some Healthy Choice fudge bars, which I can't have since I cut out all caffeine - even chocolate - for the time being. Darn. He can load up on Snack Pack tapioca pudding, if they have any, that would be a good substitute. That's the only problem with the company store, you never know what they're going to have or how much they'll have. One time they had cases of Marie Callender chicken pot pies for 5 bucks. I think Steve got 3 cases - we ate a lot of chicken pies! I'm no such a fan of them anymore... heh

I'm lovin' my Garmy... I can't wait for spring so I can really get out and about. I hate to tell Marc this since he thinks my hobby is morbid, but now I'll be able to find cemeteries a lot easier when I'm out of town! I drove around Blair once for about 45 minutes looking for the cemetery - and Blair is not that big of a town. This will be great! Don't worry Marc, I won't post pictures on my Picasa page. ROFL!

I want to clean my closet out this weekend and get rid of the clothes that have been shoved to the back and are gathering dust. I got some new stuff for Christmas and in an effort to get rid of the clutter in the closet I'm going to get rid of the stuff that I don't wear any more. I could spend days in that closet, so tomorrow I'm going to really work hard to get everything straightened out. If I get the clothes taken care of, maybe I'll even tackle the built in drawers that have become junk magnets in the past couple of months. Yeah, well, we can always hope.

My friend, Cherry Blossom Girl, is moving to Minneapolis, darn, I'm so jealous, and I have to say she's been an inspiration to me as far as getting rid of clutter. Not that I've done anything about MY clutter, but just hearing how she's cleaned out and purged all her stuff does make me want to try to do the same. She's going to "The Cities" with only one large suitcase of clothes! Good for her! I'd never be able to purge that much, I'm too much of a pack rat, but some order would be good for me. BTW - I'm going to miss you CBG!

Well, the dogs are stirring, which must be a sign that I should let them out and then try to get some sleep and dream of warmer weather!

Night all! Pleasant dreams!






No comments: