Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Wow! I can't believe Christmas is over...

We've been working on Christmas preparations for what seems like forever and it's hard to believe it's over. We had such a great Christmas week. Last week was wonderful with Marc back here and all the time we got to spend together. Dad was so surprised and that sure made his holiday - and mine! It was so nice for all of us to get to spend time together and get acquainted as adults. It was quite the experience! I worked all weekend and then all of a sudden it was Christmas Eve and everyone was here for opening presents and dinner. I have to say thanks to Steve for all the work he did this weekend. He did all the work getting ready yesterday, I made the Jello salad and got the cheese potatoes ready, but he did everything else. He's been a greater helper this week, that's for sure! He also made his meatballs and we had spaghetti and meatballs along with our ham and cheese potatoes - Thanks Steve!

This morning everyone came over for our regular Christmas Day brunch. I made the traditional orange rolls and hash brown omelet - yummy! We got to spend a lot of time with both families again - what a blessing to have everyone here and healthy for another year! We did miss Amber and Jason today, and of course Tony, Candace and Ryan are in Arkansas with her grandmother. We're grateful Tony made it home safely from Cuba and we'll enjoy seeing the three of them later this week.

It was a quiet holiday celebration with Mike and Amy living in Memphis! We sure missed having the kids here. Mike called tonight though and I got a chance to talk to Amy. They're adjusting well to life in the south - including 50 degree weather on Christmas! Hopefully they'll be able to come back and visit next spring, I hope so. Gabe is talking with a southern accent now, which I think is hilarious. I can't wait to see the kids again, I bet they're growing like weeds!

Ben scared the daylights out of me last night... We were down in the family room but there were some people upstairs. I guess Sue and Smitty had gone outside for a cigarette and when they came back in the dogs started barking, which got Ben all excited and he jumped off my lap, hit a pile of gift boxes, somersaulted over and landed on his back. He yelped and of course my first thought was that he hurt his back, but he jumped up and ran back to me and I noticed his left eye was all bloody. Scared the heck out of me! I had visions of having to take him out to the emergency vet - why is it dogs always get sick and hurt on holidays? I was really relieved to find out he only cut his lower eyelid and it stopped bleeding without too much trouble. Silly dogs are worse than kids...

Okay, click
here if you want to see the rest of the pictures. Enjoy!

No comments: