Sunday, December 23, 2007

I'm going to hate to see this year end...

Steve went to the pharmacy today and picked up a 3 of my prescriptions for me. Luckily, (or not, it depends on how you look at it) we've met our out of pocket expense limit for the year, so I got all three prescriptions for nothing, nada, zip. Which saved us $185.59. Woo hoo! Those three aren't even my expensive meds! It think it's been about 3 months or so since we had to pay for any prescriptions, which saves us a bundle. My Effexor is over $300 a month.

For 2008 we switched our insurance to FAMC's plan. It's the same company, just a better plan with different benefits. I'm curious to see how or drug plan works. I know it was better because we sat down and worked it all out before I signed up, but I can't for the life of me remember how the drugs work. I know I'd get them pretty inexpensively if I get them at the hospital. Once they get my thyroid under control again I'll probably go for mail order - that's really the way to save money.

1 comment:

N.F. said...

I don't have health insurance (stupid thyroid cancer) but I've been getting my rxs. at Wal-Fart...and they are only $4. Works out pretty swell!