Friday, July 4, 2014

Kaboom!

Celebrating the 4th of July in our own way. Three years ago tonight we took Hailey to her first fireworks show. She was 10 months old and slept through the whole thing! We sat on Maple Street at about 140th and watched the fireworks from The Champions Club golf course. Tonight, we stayed home. No fireworks for us, but plenty in the neighborhood. I guess that's just a sign of our old age. We should have gone, the weather today was gorgeous, breezy and cool... Nice.

We started the day with a waffle and pancake breakfast with strawberries and blueberries at church. It was a nice breakfast, but a bit too early for my taste - 8 a.m.! Yikes! Meg has borrowed my car for the past couple days, so she brought it back and spent the day with us. Steve smoked a brisket YUMMY! Tom came up and helped Steve take out another one our dead pines. I loved those trees when we moved in, they shaded nearly the whole back yard and kept the house nice and cool. They were so pretty and lush, you could always smell pine outside on the back porch. Now there's another one gone, one more dead, and another one mostly dead. That will be the end of the beautiful pines...

Anyway, Tom stayed for dinner, Meg was here, and mom and Bob came over. Mom had baked a red cake to make up for the one she didn't make for his birthday since she was recuperating from surgery, but she used canned frosting - which had gone bad or something... she apologized for not having one about 100 times. Brought plates, which were for the cake that she couldn't bring because of the frosting... okay by me, but I know she was disappointed. Then she spent 10 minutes talking about how good the brisket was and how she'd never had brisket before... which, of course, she has had - at our house. I know, I forget a lot, too. Sometimes I have more patience than at other times. It was a great day, and a wonderful dinner.

Just a small personal message here.  I love my country, love the freedoms we enjoy here...  I never, ever thought in my lifetime this country would be in the mess we're in now. We have no leader, at least no one with the leadership skills that are needed for this place in time. The whole world is going to hell in a handbasket, and our so-called president is playing golf or on another multi-million dollar vacation with his worthless family. It disgusts me. HE disgusts me. I'm afraid for my children and grandchildren, afraid and sad. I hope we truly get rid of this piece of work in 2016, that he hasn't managed to totally decimate the Constitution and eliminate the two-year limit. I pray every night that we can rid this country of the infestation of evil from within. I truly hope the morons that voted for Obama simply because he was black (well, half black), don't vote for Hillary Clinton simply because she's a woman. I'm not even sure she's half a woman.... End of rant.

No comments: