Thursday, July 19, 2012

The wedding of Meghan Leigh Kurtz and Jason Blair Witty has officially taken place! It was so beautiful, but I didn't cry. Not once! I was sure I would because for the whole week preceding the wedding I would cry at the drop of a hat, but that night, I made it all right! It was a nice hot day in July, and the day started with Molly and Meg hitting the big rock on the right side of the driveway, but it went uphill from there. Except Mollie lost her insulin and didn't get to stay too long at the reception. I was a little bummed about that. I really like Mollie, I wonder if we're ever going to see her again since she's moving to LA and on to a busy, busy life! She's a really nice woman. The darn photographer didn't get any family pictures. I'm a little bummed about that, but I hope he got other good ones. I know Mel said she thought the wedding would be a train wreck, but it turned out really quite nicely. I was supposed to buy sparkling juice for the toast and I totally forgot it. A toast can me made with water though and no one will know the difference, right? Sorry Meg. Jason looked very nice in his top hat - Seriously, I love it! I just could cry when I think about how much they love each other. I don't think anyone, no, I KNOW that no one has ever loved me like that. Good for both of them to find their special sweethearts when they're so young. I used to still think there was hope and that I'd find my someone special, but it never happened. I thought Steve was it, but after a couple years I realized I was wrong. Oh well, I love him. I guess that's what counts. Hailey and Vincent had a grand time dancing with the big people... I adore Hailey. She can do no wrong (yet) with this Nana. I love her to the moon and back, forever and for always. Katie called me from the Grand Island Home last Friday. Apparently, they were trying to get him to fax his signature and account number to them so they could give him a 300 loan. Luckily, he ran into Katie and he explained to her what he was trying to do. She called me and I called the credit union. I think that little problem won't crop up again! I hate doing things like this to dad, but he can't keep getting "loans" because then he won't have the money to pay his maintenance fee, not to mention replaying the loan. I'm sad about this whole stupid situation. I wish it were Missy who we could stick in a nursking home. Gad, she doesn't have much more going for her than dad does. Thank God she's not my problem. If she was, I'd leave her at the bus station. I'm sure from there she could find someone to take her home. ROFL. Well, we had a wonderful wedding and I know Meg and Jason are so happy! I can't think of any more to write. The ceremony was great, a perfect blend of Meghan and Jason, and their unity ceremony was awesome, just watching it bubble over and then saying how the molecules couldn't be separated, that was so them... I would never have thought o do something like that. I will find some pictures, they're all in my other computer though, so it may take time. I am talking to mom more. Well, anything would be more after not speaking for 10 years, wouldn't it? We'll see. There's still the matter of trust.. She and Fred didn't come up to the wedding. I would have thought Meg would be the last person to get ditched but I would have been wrong. With all their dogs and Fred's diabetes, etc., it just all piled up to make it impossible for them to make it. Rusty was here though. That was fun. He and Steve got to have a couple beers together and watch 3-D Zombieland - what a fun time was had by all... NOT. I think Steve is starting to see Rusty for what he is, Meg's brother and not for just being Buck's son. He caught on pretty fast, considering. Rusty said he wanted to be here since Heather's wedding was pretty much a train wreck, and he's glad Steve walked her down the aisle. I am too, but I still think when Hersch asked who gave this woman in marriage, he should have said, "Her mother and I do". Nothing to pick over though. Unfortunately, Bob didn't make it to the wedding. He got aick on Wednesday night. About 12:30 a.m. Carole called. Bob refused treatment with the ambulance, but Steve took him in anyway. He has a giant kidney stone that they can't smash until his kidney infection is gone. So, poor Meg has 3 grandfather's and not one made her wedding. She didn't need them though, she was radiant all by herself. More later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where are you?