Monday, October 3, 2011

Thank You, God

 Linda, the Social Work Tech, and Katie, the 3rd floor social worker. 

Tasha, the Care Plan Nurse for dad

 Dad and Linda checking out his closet and dresser.

Bob and Mel in absolute awe of dad's new surroundings.

 On the road again, just can't wait to get on the road again...

Bob had a tough day, he was ready for some snoozing. 


Got up this morning at 5:30 and we were on the road for Grand Island by 7:20. I'm so glad this has turned out the way it has. Dad is thrilled with the new place - really! We had a wonderful orientation and lunch and then got to view his new room. Very nice. Bob was very impressed. Actually, I'm just very, very glad that dad likes the place. 

Of course, he's going to be a little homesick, but he has to come back to Omaha for an audiology appointment on Thursday and then he'll be back on the 22nd for AJ and Emily's wedding. Mel and I are going out to see him this Saturday, take his TV, help him find a pair of slacks and maybe a suit jacket, and maybe, just maybe get a nice chair for his room. 

We had lunch at the VH (Veteran's Home - actually the GIVH) and I have to admit the food was good. Dad was happy with it, which is what counts. I can't even put into words how relieved I am that we don't have to depend on Missy to take care of him anymore. I just can't even think about what would have happened if he had fallen down the stairs like he almost did on Friday if I hadn't been behind him or Mel hadn't been in the house. Missy was out on the deck yakking to God knows who and never even knew he fell. Mel even had to yell twice before she got her attention. I have to say I agree wholeheartedly with Mel that if Missy had actually been taking care of dad, which is what she was supposed to be doing all this time, dad maybe wouldn't have even had to go to a home. In other words, when Missy starts blubbering about dad having to go to Grand Island, and now what's SHE supposed to do, I don't really give a tinker's damn. She was crying Friday night about how she didn't want dad to have to go, but when Mel tried to talk to her, the bottom line was, Missy didn't know what she was going to do; so it wasn't really that dad was leaving, it was just that it upset her plans. I would think between a boyfriend, a fiance, and a husband she might be able to make a choice. For the love of God. 

That's all for today - just a Very Good Day, and I'm soooo glad that dad is safe and in a good place. I might even be able to sleep well!

Ta-ta.

No comments: