Sunday, July 10, 2011

A nice quiet day at home?

Steve wanted to go to Fremont today to W.C. Fremont Days - that didn't happen. You would think that since I asked him to bring me a pain pill he would have gotten the idea - but he didn't. I finally did get a shower and got dressed about 2:30, but only because Mike called to say he was coming over! Amy and the kids went to Chicken Days in Wayne, but Mike stayed home so he came over to visit Steve. I think they had a great day - we went to Romeo's for dinner and they talked beer, beer, and more beer the rest of the time. Good day for them and a very quiet day for me. Yay!

Dad called about the time I got in the shower, so I called him back after dinner. It was an interesting conversation. First, he didn't have any idea who I was for several minutes and then he told me what happened this Thursday and Friday as if I hadn't been there - it was interesting to get his take on the whole set of circumstances. When the deputies came to get him yesterday he says they told him that sticking his finger in a "can of Prestone" was a federal offense and that's why they handcuffed him and took him to the hospital. Um..... Okaaaaaay. He wasn't angry, but he can't figure out why everything is all locked up and he can't have his cell phone. Actually, he says even though having a cell phone is against the rules another guy there has one, and has the charger too, so he wants his. Good luck with that one, dad. I took the day off from my daughter duties today, but I'm going to go see him tomorrow. He was happy that Amber went to see him today - is today a national holiday? It must be if Amber actually took the time to go see dad.

I ended up doing the dishes today. I know, I know, I caved... I just couldn't stand the mess anymore. I also folded the laundry and put it all away. Now the kitchen is a mess again with dirty beer glasses, empty beer bottles, and a couple empty sacks from the Hy-Vee liquor store. Too bad the maid has the weekend off.

Downloaded a couple new books on my Kindle. The book I'm reading now is so bizarre I'm having a little trouble figuring out what the heck is going on. The name of it is 314 Crescent Manor y M. Jones. Odd, odd, odd... I'm trying to muddle through it anyway, but might have to take a break and read something "normal".

That was my day. How was yours?

M

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It wasn't a national holiday, but I did enjoy spending the time with grandpa.

Mindi said...

Good, I'm glad you did. He was lonesome and I was just hanging out on the couch playing video games all day.

A Woman's Mind said...

Yeah, because we know you have nothing else you'd rather be doing. Like living your life!