Monday, October 6, 2008

Palin Rally

Steve and I went to a Palin rally last night. It was great fun! I like Sarah, I like her even more since I saw her tax returns from the past couple of years and saw how much she and her family lived on. She's a working class person, just like a lot of us. Anyway, it was fun and we really enjoyed ourselves, that is after I climbed the 7 flights of stairs and got to our seat in the 3rd from from the ceiling at the Music Hall. I wonder how many people there actually were, we got there before it started and the Music Hall was full, I know they had overflow somewhere else because she mentioned going in and talking with them also.

There were about 20, okay at the very most 30, Obama supporters protesting across the street. I had to laugh though, one lady was holding a sign that said "Shill, Baby, Shill". I knew it was a takeoff of "Drill, Baby, Drill", but I couldn't figure out what the hell it meant. I finally got it last night after I got home and was looking at T-shirts, etc. at CafePress. It was supposed to read, "Shrill, Baby, Shrill". Seems to me if you're going to make a campaign sign to slam somebody you'd at least learn how to spell. Oh well, it was good for a laugh. She looked really intelligent on TV last night waving that sign around. LOL! I also had to laugh while watching the news last night and there were Obama supporters going on and on and on about health care, McCain versus Obama and how the Obama plan is going to save everyone so much more money. On the fron page of the World Herald yesterday there was an article comparing the two plans cost-wise. Apparently no one on that side of the street could read the paper, because the Obama plan is going to cost over $3,000 per family per year, while McCain's would cost nothing. I'm thinking maybe literacy is a big concern for the Obama supporters in Omaha. But, hey, I could be wrong.

In other news, my brother has decided not to come to Omaha to try and mediate the peace talks within the family. He doesn't think the timing is right and I'd have to agree. I don't think the time will ever be right. Too bad, but I guess that's how it's going to be.

The weather is changing, we're supposed to have storms tonight. I got up at 4:30 a.m. with a shoulder that's pretty painful and climbing 7 flights of stairs coupled with the weather change is making walking a challenge today. I think I'm going to curl back up with my Kindle and spent the rest of the day reading with my dogs all snoozing around me. What better way is there to spend an afternoon?

Everyone have a good week, maybe I'll be around to check in later!

3 comments:

Mrs Andy said...

I just have to laugh at the people who think government run anything will SAVE us money. The last time I checked the ony thing the government was good at was wasting money and giving themselves sweet pay raises!

Jym said...

=v= Maybe you should crack open a dictionary sometime. "Shill" is a word, and has a very apt meaning in this context.

Mindi said...

I know what shill means, but I doubt if the Obama supporters did. And I really don't think it's appropriae in this case. Sorry to disappoint you.