Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Weekend - OVER!

Wow, it was a busy weekend! Saturday of course, I watched Vince. I should say, I had the pleasure of watching Vince - he's such a sweetheart!

Sunday I decided to go to church, only to find out once I got there that I was an hour early for sacrament meeting. I talked to a few people I hadn't seen in ages, but then had to leave because last Monday was Bob's birthday and mom was having a birthday party for him. Maybe next week?

Bob's party went well. When they adopted their cat, Miss Mittens, 3 months ago they were told she was 9 months old, so they figured her birthday was also in April, so we celebrated her birthday as well. The birthday cake was for both of them! ;-) Yes, I have pictures, but they're on the other computer... Later, I'll post some. Mom had some cold cuts and stuff so we had something to eat besides cake and ice cream - although I personally don't see anything wrong with cake and ice cream for dinner...

I'm really annoyed at Bob's kids though. I mean, it was his 80th birthday - I kind of think that's a big deal. It would have been nice if they had thrown a really big party for him. I'm a fan of really big parties... LOL! Seriously, we had one for my dad's 75th last year and it was fun! They don't have to be expensive. I guess I should know better though, his kids really never do anything like that for mom and Bob. When we had the 25th anniversary party for them a couple years ago I did all the planning, Sue (Steve's sister) helped with the decorations and neither one of his kids donated a dime or helped one iota with the cost of the party. Oh wait, his son's wife did bring the stuff for punch. Woo hoo. Bob is without a doubt the best father-in-law in the world, I love him to pieces. He never hesitates to help out or just be there when needed. He can also out-talk just about anybody with his police and war stories. I hope he's around to celebrate many more birthdays!

I bought the movie, Juno, this weekend too. I knew what it was about, teenage girl gets pregnant... Blah, blah, blah, but I had heard it was a good movie. It was. Actually, I was pleasantly surprised and it didn't have the expected ending either. Well, sort of, it did, but it really didn't. I'm not giving the end away in case anyone wants to see it, but I thought it was good. And I loved the girl who played Juno, whose name escapes me right this moment. She was a terrific actress, I bet we see a lot more of her in the future. She was a very quirky girl in the movie, close to my heart! I like Jennifer Garner and Jason (?) Bateman too, so that didn't hurt. I love, love, love the music. I'm not sure how to categorize it, but it was different and I really liked it. Although I have this line, "Here is the church and here is the steeple, we sure are cute for two ugly people..." running through my head today. That's driving me nuts... I got the music CD with the movie as a package deal and I'm glad I did. Yes, I know, I'm probably going through my second adolescence. Good.

We ended Sunday by having mom and Bob over here and we watched the movie. After that I spent some time downloading pictures and getting ready for Monday. This week is going to kill me! I haven't worked a full week in about 3 weeks and now that the weather is getting nicer it's getting harder and harder to sit all night as it is. I wish I could find another job where I could work at home that didn't tie me to the stupid computer to type all night. What I wouldn't give to just be my nice humble self, but be independently wealthy at the same time. Wouldn't that be nice?

Today I did grocery shopping. That's it. That's enough. I went to Super Wal-Mart, which I never do for grocery shopping. I actually wanted a couple storage tubs and thought I'd get them and then go grocery shopping. When I got there, I decided I didn't want to make another stop so I'd just do it all at once. Then I got home and realized I forgot the storage tubs. Bah! Hopefully I saved some money shopping there, but I doubt it!

After coming home and getting the groceries put away it was time to work. I sure didn't feel like it today. I have a bunch of stuff in my head right now and some nights it's just hard to concentrate. I totally missed my group last Thursday. I had been off on Monday, which made Tuesday feel like Monday, and so on, so that messed up my week; and to top it all off I had a meeting in Fremont on Thursday morning and that's the day I work a split schedule, which I totally forgot about. I remember group at 7:38 to be precise, and it ends at 7:30... to be precise. Hopefully I can remember to go this week. Thursday before that I couldn't go and then it turns out it was canceled when Lindsay fell and hit her head anyway, so 2 weeks is about all I can mentally afford to miss at this point.

Well, this is as coherent as I can be at 2:15 in the morning. I do have a load of clothes I could fold, but I think I'm just going to call it a night. Night.

Later.

No comments: