Friday, February 1, 2008

I was right...

Today was much improved over yesterday! Still colder than heck out. I know we have it relatively easy compared to Minneapolis or Fargo, but it's still too cold for these aching bones. My brother suggested I move to a warmer climate, but I don't think we can afford to live anyplace warmer. Other people thought it was a good idea before us, so it's too expensive to live anywhere nice! I was reading in the Salt Lake Trib that they're expecting another snow storm this weekend. Park City, Utah, has exhausted their snow budget for the winter already. They've gotten a lot more snow than usual - so have we, really. By this time last year the snow was all gone and we didn't get any more for the rest of the winter that amounted to anything. I wonder if we're going to get the remnants of Utah's storm? That would be nice. Just keep the wood stove going, honey...

I moved my work computer into the newly repainted, smaller office today. It's so nice and cheery! Having 6 dogs keep me company gets a little crowded though. Still no word on a more permanent foster for Sophie. I really don't care, she's not that much trouble to have around. What's one more scoop of dog food when you're already feeding six? Her former owner called me tonight to check and see how she was doing. I feel so bad that they had to give her up. She'd like us to try and find Sophie a permanent home that will let her have "visitation" now and then. It's so nice to see someone care that much for their dog, so many are just dumped at the side of the road without a second thought. I feel sorry for the former owner's mom, she has Alzheimer's and they said at her adult day care the day after they surrendured Sophie she just cried all day long about her little dog. Poor thing. Sophie was sure a loved little girl, what a sad situation.

Steve wants to use the old home computer down by his radios, but he's going to have to get a new monitor. I didn't buy that huge flat screen so he could use it occasionally... As a matter of fact, we still have the old monstor monitor in the store room in the basement. He couldn't hear that noise it was making anyway, he can use that. There. Problem solved.

I see the morons at Westboro Baptist "Church" (and I use the term loosely) are going to picket at President Hinckley's funeral. What a bunch of dirtbags. That's been my opinon of them from the start. Every time they picket somewhere I'm sure they can't stoop any lower and then they do... I remember how horrified (for lack of a better word) I was when I found out they picket at funerals of soldiers killed in Irag. It just chaps my hide that these service men and women died so these idiots can have the freedom to picket at their funerals. That's just wrong on so many levels. It just boggles my mind that they can be so blind because of their perverted thinking they can't even be decent human beings. I'm glad they all found each other, nobody else wants them, that's for sure. Deluded nutcases, all of them. It's pathetic to think they're bringing children up to be such hatemongers. When I hear about people like them I almost wish the first amendment wasn't quite so liberal!

It's my weekend to work. Oh happy day. I hear the weekend is supposed to be relatively nice too, before it gets cold again next week. Bummer. The good thing about working weekends though is there's no set shift I have to work, so I can do a couple hours here and there and don't have to sit for 8 hours at a stretch. The bad thing is, I'm on call from 3:30 p.m. Friday until midnight on Sunday night, so I can't really go anywhere or do anything, that's the worst part.

My friend Dorothy sent me a quiz on "A Christmas Story" that was in their local paper. I'm looking forward to quizzing mom about it the next time I see her. As I mentioned before, that's her favorite movie and she's watched it over and over. It'll be fun to see how many questions she gets right!

Quote for this week - "The magic of first love is our ignorance that it can never end" Benjamin Disraeli. I kept forgetting to put this in earlier this week. I'll try to do better with my quote for next week. (Ha! Who am I kidding? I'll probably never remember to do it again!)

Stupid spellchecker isn't working, sorry for the typos - I'm sure there are some.

I guess that's it for today. Time to call it a night and hit the sack.

No comments: