Sunday, December 9, 2007

What the hell?

As I'm sure everyone is pretty much aware, we had a shooting at a local shopping center on Wednesday and 9 people died. I heard tonight that there were going to be people picketing at the site of the shooting tonight because this is a judgment from God against the people of Omaha. Oh yeah. In doing a little more reading I came across their website. Oh. My. Gosh. Really people? This is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard in all my life. Well, not really, the most disgusting thing I ever heard in my life was people picketing at the funerals of dead soldiers who were killed in the war. Well, surprise, surprise, these are the same people! Their website literally made me sick to my stomach. To think that people (and I use the term loosely) can behave like this in the name of God makes me want to vomit. Even the name of their website is disgusting. How can this group read the same Bible that everyone else reads and be so skewed in their interpretation?

This whole this started, I think, it was last summer when they were demonstrating here in Nebraska and a woman was arrested for letting her 10-year-old son stomp on the American flag. According to them, that brought the wrath of God down upon Nebraska and we're just beginning to see the bloodshed that God has in store for us.

Luckily for these wackos - they live in America where they're guaranteed the right to free speech. Unfortunately for the rest of us, they live in America, where they're guaranteed the right to fee speech. In just about any other country they'd be arrested and killed for some of the things they've written. I hope somewhere this group of misguided malcontents has caused a blip of the radar of law enforcement and somebody can do something about them. When I read that they planned to protest, picket, or whatever you call it, at the funerals and memorials for the survivors of Wednesday's tragedy, my blood started to boil. How they can not be arrested for making terroristic threats is beyond me. Actually, I thought it sounded like they're behind what happened last week in some way. What a coincidence that just a couple days before it happened they mentioned mall massacres specifically. What's frightening to me is that such a group of obviously mentally ill people with the same delusional thought processes have all managed to find each other and form some sort of alliance and call it a church - and rationalize their way of thinking by using God and Scripture. If there's anybody that's incurring the wrath of God, I have to think it's them. Apparently the 10 commandments don't apply. Neither does "Love one another". Ugh. How absolutely revolting. Not to mention their stance on homosexuals, don't even get me started on that!

I hadn't planned on attending any of the funerals because I didn't know any of the victims personally, I think I will attend the funeral of the woman my nephew-in-law's family knows. Just to show my respect for her and her family, especially now that this group is so vocal in their disrespect. I wonder how they'd feel if the shoe was on the other foot? What if one of their members had been in that mall on Wednesday? What then? It frightens me that people like this can actually be allowed to spew forth so much venom and hate against innocent people without repercussions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no problem, mumsy!!