Saturday, December 15, 2007

Now that that's over...

This has been a busy, crazy week. I'm so tired I'm just stupid (shut up, Melanie...) I'm used to sleeping as long as I want to, or need to, in the morning and this week hasn't afforded me such a luxury. Monday was good... I think I got to sleep late. Actually, I can't remember! lol

Tuesday morning mom had her heart catheterization. Steve and I got up at 4:45 (yikes - I have been known to stay up that late...) so we could drive them to the hospital. We had an ice storm overnight and we were afraid the roads would be pretty bad. Turns out they weren't as bad as they could have been and we got them there in plenty of time. She had to be at the hospital by 7, and we got there 6:45. Her cath was scheduled for 9:30, and she was good to go. Unfortunately, it got pushed back to 10:30, so there we sat for 4 hours before the procedure even began! I hate to wait, and I especially hate to wait in hospitals. Nerve-wracking! To top it all off, mom was getting nervous and antsy, I can't say as I blame her. They told us the cath itself would take about 30 minutes and if they had to do an angioplasty or stent it would be about 90 minutes. By 12:30 we were starting to get a little concerned, but she came back soon after that and the news we got was good, she had no problems that needed to be fixed. The cardiologist wasn't happy with her HDL, so he increased her Lipitor, but that was the extent of it. She got to go home that afternoon.

Wednesday I had an appointment with the oral surgeon to get the results of the biopsy from my mouth. At 10 a.m.! That was fine too - thank God. I'm really getting tired of being cut on this week, but at least everything was good.

Yesterday I think the dogs got me up early. To be honest I can't remember yesterday morning either! Brother...

This morning I had a dentist appointment at 10. Why do I insist on setting appointments so early in the morning? Unfortunately I kept hitting the snooze and when I woke up it was 9:32. No way was I going to make it to the dentist's office by 10. I called, hoping to reschedule, but when I called I found out the appointment was really 11. I'm not sure if I was happy that I could make the appointment after all, or mad because I could have slept longer without having to mess with the alarm! The appointment went well and I got my old filling drilled out and replaced with a new one without too much difficulty. The only problem was the stupid numb lip I had until 3:30!

Our stupid computers for work were acting up again tonight. I get so frustrated with it. First I couldn't log in and then it was so freaking' slow all night. Ugh. The only high point of the evening was dinner from Jason's Deli. Yummy.

I think, knock on wood, that my Christmas shopping is finally done! I hope it's done... I can't think of another thing for another person. I ended up getting quite a few gift cards because I really didn't know what some people needed. And I know some people have events - like new babies - coming up and would like to be able to get what they need. Hey, I aim to please!

We were hoping that my brother would get to come home and we could have a family-type Christmas for the first time in over 20 years. It doesn't look that that's going to pan out. He was going to try to come in this week with his roommate, who was coming to town for h is mom's surgery, but that didn't work out. Now he has to go to San Francisco next for a meeting and by the time he gets done he doesn't know if his roommate will be back or not to take care of the dogs so he can come. I talked to him on the phone for awhile tonight, but it looks like it'll be after the first of the year before he can get the time to come back. I'm really disappointed, I really had hoped we could all get together. The only good thing is maybe he'll get to come back when Tony is home from Cuba

So, instead of having a family early Christmas, we're going to have a birthday dinner for Mel next Wednesday. Poor Mel - her birthday is the 22nd and she's never gotten to have a special birthday dinner with the family because everyone has always been in a frenzy over Christmas. Now it's her turn. We're having Turkey, dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes, veggies, and all that good stuff - and a real live birthday cake for Mel. Not a Happy Birthday Jesus cake - a Happy Birthday Melanie cake! I'll have to do a good job on it for her! She's my baby sister don't cha know?

That's about it for right now! I plan on sleeping as late as I want tomorrow! Haha!!!

No comments: