Thursday, November 8, 2007

Catching up..

This has been one crazy week! I've got tons of pictures to share, so I think I'll put them on my Flickr account, I haven't decided yet.

Drove up to the hospital on Tuesday, we had a meeting, I signed up for insurance this year through the hospital. We have Blue Cross, as does ConAgra, but our overall benefits are better and cheaper. So Steve did the pretax account and I did the insurance. I got my flu shot for this year and went to get my TB test, but for some stupid reason I had to have my doctor's okay since I take prednisone for an autoimmune disease. Nobody asked for a note last year... Of course I had just had my doctor appointment the day before. Isn't that always the way it goes? Gas is only 3.19 a gallon, I guess I can drive up twice next week...

Then my doctor called on Tuesday with all my test results. Still no definite autoimmune diagnosis - after 19 years I've pretty much given up on that. My stupid cholesterol was up, so I've started taking Lipitor - just what I needed, another drug! I'm starting to feel decidedly old! One good thing though, I've decided to finally get busy and get some of this stupid weight off. I'm trying a modified South Beach, so we'll see how it goes. Actually, today went surprisingly well - even with no carbs!

Steve is off hunting Bambi. His weekend got off to a expensive start, he pulled into the campground and heard something dragging from the bottom of his truck. His steering linkage was dragging on the ground. Thank goodness it didn't happen on the interstate going 75 miles an hour! It only cost him $500 to get it fixed, and $100 of that was towing charges, which is reimbursable through the insurance company. I think he's going to have to bite the bullet pretty soon and get a new truck. He hasn't had a car payment in 7 years and he's not too anxious to have one again.

Poor Toby is missing his dad. He sat by the garage door and cried for at least 3 solid hours tonight. He's absolutely inconsolable and doesn't want anything to do with me. I pretty certain at this point that it was a woman who hurt him, he just doesn't want to warm up to me at all, and I've never done anything at all to him. Poor little guy. I feel sorry for him, but I'm at my wit's end trying to make him happy when Steve isn't home.

The primary program is this weekend at church. I can't believe it's that time of year already. It seems like just last week that I was writing the script for last year! The kids are so freaking cute though, I love to watch them singing their little hearts out. Pretty soon it will be Christmas again - I wonder who they'll have be Mary, since the Petersons have moved. It just won't be the same without Kaylie.

I can't think of anything else of great importance... LOL! I'm going to try to get my pictures loaded on to Flickr and then I'll post a link. Later!

No comments: