Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Another goodbye...

It's funny how you meet someone in cyberspace, read their blogs, comment, they respond and a friendship grows with someone you've never met. I can't even remember how I found Lisa's blog, if it was a link from someone else I read or what, but she was clever and funny and I loved reading about her perspective on life. Then this summer she was diagnosed with lymphoma. The last post I read was in July and she was ecstatic because she'd had a CT scan and every bit of the tumor was gone. She only had to have 3 more courses of chemotherapy instead of the 5 they had been planning on, then scans every 3 months for a year, but her long term prognosis was great. Her doctors were thrilled, she was thrilled... I've checked her blog, but hadn't seen a new post since late July. I imagined she was so happy with her new lease on life that maybe she and her husband had taken a trip to celebrate or something. Tonight when that same post was still up, I decided to read the comments. I almost wish I hadn't. Lisa passed away on September 25. Apparently the chemo destroyed her lungs and she spent the last month of her life on a ventilator. I'll miss her funny posts and her wonderful sunny outlook on life. I hope she's enjoying her new life with the 2 babies that she lost. Good bye, Lisa.

2 comments:

Marc said...

That is very sad. I hope that isn't the way the world finds out that I have passed away when the time comes. I am sure she made a peaceful transition and is finally at peace.

Mrs Andy said...

That's really sad.

I also wanted to say thanks for your comments re: my SIL. I've talked to my brother everyday since I found out the scoop, and he seems to be fine and actually relieved that all of this is happening.