Thursday, July 5, 2007

More bizarre dreams

I had the most bizarre dreams this morning just before I woke up. For starters, I dreamed I was catholic, going to a Catholic school - with my daughter for a classmate. How odd is that? No, it gets odder. I dreamed for some reason she was going to be in a race with a priest and several other girls from the school! Yeah. Odd. AND, we lived in my mom and dad's old house. For awhile anyway. Then I woke up, thought, "What the heck was that about?" and fell back to sleep again. This time I dreamed we were at the race again, but LDS missionaries were there (thank goodness for some sanity in this bizarre dream) and they were telling Meg she would win the race because she had "The wings of angels on her feet". What?!?! (So much for sanity in the dream.) You think by now when I woke up I'd have the good sense to stay awake, but oh no.... I fall back to sleep again and dream Steve has come home and I tell him about my odd dreams, only to find out we're not in this house, the house we live in now, we live in some dinky little house in South Omaha and I have rosaries hung all over the place. I keep telling him I really have to wake up because I don't want to live in this house, we have a nice house when I'm really awake, it has 3 bedrooms and vaulted ceilings (the ceilings in my dream house were really, really low - he could barely stand up). Funny thing, that was the house we used to live in, not the house we live in now... Odd. I finally got up the next time I woke up, but I just have this icky dreamy feeling hanging on. Oh, what I wouldn't do to be rid of Ambien from my life. Maybe it was the combination of Ambien and the painkillers I'm still taking for my foot. Whatever it was, it was icky, icky, icky. My dogs were even in the dreams - all of them, even the ones that have well, passed on. Odd. Funny thing was, I was really glad to see the dogs! They were the best part of the dream!

No comments: