Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I did it again - I spent more money

Today I invested in a 22" flat panel monitor for our home computer. Hey, it was on sale! Regularly over $300 and I got it for $220. I'm pretty darn happy with myself. ;-)

Last night I couldn't sleep (no refills on my Ambien and the doctor hadn't called it in yet, even though I called them on Thursday last week to give them p-l-e-n-t-y of time...) so I was working on my Find A Grave stuff and I couldn't read the monitor. Of course the fact that it was 3 a.m. and I had been up since 8 the previous morning and I felt like I had sand in both my eyes had nothing to do with it... The old monitor had been screeching for months now, so a new one was really indicated. I know if anything is going to be purchased in this house that might involve fun at some time or another I'm going to be the one to buy it, so I did. And I like it. The only thing is, it's a wide screen, so I have to get used to that, but otherwise it's great. I CAN READ IT!!!

I didn't have nearly enough time to play with my camera yesterday, but the pictures I did take - wow! Impressive. Now I can't wait to get a new lens. I'm trying to decide what I want first, a macro or a telescopic lens.... I wish I would have had this camera when I went to see Tim and Faith, those would have been kick butt pictures! Next time.

Back to work, the sloth isn't here again tonight. Maybe she's having her surgery. Maybe she's going on disability. Maybe I'm too hopeful...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn girl, you can cut that sarcasm with a dull knife, yikes!!!I'm sure that's how you intended though. So you got a new toy. Well, after all the work you put it on dad's party, not to mention having the party at your house.....I want to thank you again. If social security EVER comes through for me I will pay you back my portion. I never expected you to shoulder that much but thank you for doing it. YOU ARE THE BEST! Love Ya, Miss

Marc said...

I wish I would have known you were looking for a monitor.. I just donated a 20" LCD I bought last year to the G & L Center since I have got my new 24" last year.