Monday, July 9, 2007

For some reason I can't put a title on this post, wonder what's up with that?

The weekend went by relatively fast. It was my weekend to work. Sometimes it sure feels like that happens more often than every 6 weeks! I have a stupid head cold too. Where do you get a cold in the middle of summer? Stupid thing.

First thing Saturday I had a doctor call all up in arms because he couldn't get into the dictation system. I worked okay for me... Of course when I called him back to tell him it was working he was nowhere to be found. Thanks for the wake up call...

Miss, Mel, Amber, and AJ came over to help make mints on Saturday night. AJ got a jet ski so he's been having fun with that all weekend. I almost with my feet were healed so I could go out too, but I'd look like a whale on the thing, so I guess it's just as well. I think everything has come together for dad's birthday. I hope so anyway. I hate organizing these things. Well, that's not true, I like organizing them, I just get to a point where I want it to be done already.

It rained today. Finally. We woke up to the sound of thunder (isn't that a Bob Seger song?) It was great, although not nearly enough. I can't believe the number of fires going on throughout the country, it's amazing. I don't know how those firefighters can carry all that heavy gear around and walk up and down mountains, etc., in all the heat they've been having out west. Hopefully they'll have some rain in the not too distant future to help with fire concerns. That's scary.

Missy was going to Kansas to watch le bebe while Candace and Tony pack and get ready to move back home. Candace has an apartment that she rented not too far from her parents for the time that Tony's gone. I can't believe he's leaving for Cuba in less than 3 weeks already, it seemed like such a long time ago that he got his orders and now it's nearly time for him to leave.

No comments: