Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Isaiah Washington Petition

Oh please. I'm a huge fan of Grey's Anatomy, but this is a little much. I really don't care what your sexual orientation is, or even if that's why Isaiah got axed from the show, he's gone, get over it. I loved the Burktina stuff on the show, I thought they were a great couple, I'm sorry he's gone; but don't even give me that crap that he was fired because he was black. Does this woman know that Shonda Rhimes the creator of the show is black? I really don't think this has anything to do with race. And I still don't care that he made his apologies to TR and made his public service announcement to appease the gay/lesbian community. I know if I made a remark like that at work about one of my coworkers I'd be out the door on my rear so fast I wouldn't know what hit me. Just because you're a star doesn't give you the right to use any kind of sexist, religious, or racist title to refer to a fellow actor. Especially because it was done on the set, during a break in shooting. TR Knight as the right to work in a non-hostile work environment, the same as anyone else. If Patrick Dempsey had made the remark and gotten fired who would be screaming because the white guy got fired? It's not always about race, people.

I read in the Houston paper later that he's considering filing a lawsuite because he got fired. Oh yeah, he's not mad, just disappointed. Oh yeah, they fired the wrong person, they should have fired TR. Whatever.

No comments: