Monday, May 21, 2007

It's Sew (not) Easy


I went to the fabric store on Saturday night and got some stuff to try and make a new sling for Toby's cart. I hate to sew. I manged to put it off yesterday because of Matt's birthday, but today I think Steve thought I should have been doing some sewing instead of sleeping until 11 and then doing some cleaning before work. So, tonight he drug out the sewing machine and decided to try his hand at a belly band - hey, anybody can whip one of these things out in about 15 minutes right? Hahaha. First, he couldn't get the bobbin thread to come up, so he completely took apart the bobbin casing (which isn't supposed to be taken apart), then he couldn't get it back together. Then, the bobbin thread quit "coming up", so I quit working a second time to go figure out what the problem was, I still don't know what the problem was, it threaded right away for me. Then the needle fell out. Sigh. Yeah, his 10 minute job has taken him a little over 2 hours now. And he wonders why I don't sew more often. Ha!

1 comment:

Meg: said...

Stuff like that ALWAYS happens when I try to sew. I think it's a law or something. LOL