Sunday, December 18, 2011

Auld lang syne?

Wow - I can't believe a week from today is Christmas - and 2 weeks from today it will be 2012! The older I get the faster the time goes. It's been a pretty remarkable year all in all. Steve wrote out some Christmas cards the other day to his friends and family and he said there were no births, no deaths, no weddings so it was an uneventful year. I think it was anything BUT uneventful!

I really didn't think at the beginning of this year that dad would be in a nursing home at the end of the year. I knew it was coming and I knew it was needed, but didn't think it would be this year. I didn't realize at the beginning of the year that Hailey wouldn't be here for me to babysit at the end of the year. She was such a HUGE part of my life and I still miss her every day. She really was my reason to get up in the morning and I really felt better when she was here, but I'm so happy thta Matt and Magann are living together and Hailey is doing so well. Magann is such a good mom to Hailey - I couldn't ask for anyone better to be with her, but I would like to see her more often and maybe have her stay overnight once in awhile. That I do miss terribly.

I didn't think at the end of the year Meghan would be engaged!!! That's such happy news and I'm so happy for both of them. I think Jason is the Yin to Meg's Yan, they complete each other - in the immortal words of Jerry Maguire... Such a cute couple too. I'm really looking forward to helping Meg plan the wedding - and being a mother-in-law. I hope I'm a good one!

I WAS hoping dad would be divorced by now, although if all goes well, Pam Erikson will be a bad memory by the end of the year. The court date is set for Dec 28 - Keeping my fingers crossed that all will be well and it will FINALLY be over with. That would be the best thing that's happened all year as far as I'm concerned - well, maybe second best, after Meg's engagement...

Now for the current stuff... Mel is still staying with us until she feels a little better. She's getting around pretty good, but still gets pretty tired and obviously can't change her own bandages... Her incision goes from behind one hip bone around the front to behind the other hipbone... Owie! The dogs are happy as pigs in poo to have her here... Oh, ha ha.... She had to have a porcine skin graft in her abdomen, so the pig reference is kind of funny n'est pas? S

No comments: