Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Back Home Again

Steve got home safe and sound yesterday afternoon. Of course now that he's home my body thinks it has permission to fall apart! Ugh. Spend most of the afternoon on the couch with achy hips and knees, and my left shoulder is catching. Grand!

I made the best soup last night (thanks to Campbells). I found this recipe online and it was great.

Hearty Potato and Ham Chowder
2 cans condensed cream of potato soup
1 can condensed cream of celery soup
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups leftover ham
1/2 c chopped onion
10-12 oz frozen corn
1 cup cream, half-half, or milk

Toss everything but the the cream in the crockpot. Mix well and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Add the cream and heat for any additional 20-30 minutes or until hot. Serves 4-6.

It was so good. I made a couple mistakes though. First, I didn't have any "leftover" ham, so I bought a small one, which turned out to be a turkey ham. An abomination, but it worked. Second, I added 2 cups of cream (well, half and half), so it was a little thinner than I would like, but it was still ecellent. I added some parsley to have with the leftover soup, I just like parsley in potato soup, so that's how we'reI wasn't too sure I was going to like it, especially with turkey ham, but it was definitely a keeper!

Life is now back to normal. Thank God~~~

No comments: