Friday, October 28, 2011

Oh holy buckets

I'm almost done with my second week of Savella - nothing happened. Nothing. I didn't get any relief from the pain, nothing at all. I got a little bit of an upset stomach, and some more sweating than usual, but nothing good. I found another site, something where I could get on different forums, one for fibromyalgia, and one for MCTD, and now I'm wondering if some of this stuff is MCTD instead of fibro.

Tonight I read a little about MCTD (mixed connective tissue disease). It seems there's a lot more about it on the internet than there was when I was diagnosed up at Mayo years ago. I think I'm going to have to find a rheumatologist now. I really like Dr. Seitz, but I think he might not be up to handling the whole thing. I also need to talk to him about the swallowing problems I've been having since that's one of the symptoms that can cause problems with MCTD.

I've been having a sore throat off and on for a couple months too - bah. I have realized now why Dr. Schima told me that the facial numbness was "classic" for MCTD, that's mentioned in quite a few of the articles I've read. I wonder why Dr. Klein didn't think that was a possibility. Have to check on my blood work. I wonder if Dr. Seitz has been doing rheumatologic complements, I don't think so.

Going to Grand Island to see dad tomorrow. Steve is going to a gun show at Fonner Park. We're meeting Tom and Dave at Chances R for breakfast and then on to the gun show. Dad is still obsessing about moving to the Bellevue VA Home. He knows there are about 70 people on the list and it could take a long time, but he's asked me about 10 times if I've been there, and now I found out he called Bob and asked him to go out there and check it out for him. Oy! I best be going out there soon and take a look around. Dad says it's because we're all here (his kids), which would be nice, but for some reason I think that idiot Pam has something to do with it. He called tonight and wants me to see what it costs to fly from Grand Island to Omaha. For the love... It takes longer to drive from the airport to his house than it does to fly here from GI!!! We'll see what that's about tomorrow. I printed quite a few pictures of AJ and Emily's wedding for him and put them in the photo album for him. I need to get some energy, there are so many things i want to get done and when I wake up in the morning, I just don't have it. When I wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep, I want to do something, everything... but when I wake up, it's gone. I lay in bed until 10 o'clock (if the dogs will let me), and then by 7, I'm back in bed. Usually doing something on the computer, or watching Netflix on the Sony viewer. No freaking energy.

Anyway, I think I'm done with the Savella and wondering if I shouldn't be trying the Plaquenil again...

No comments: