Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy September.

Dare I say I think this may be a Very Good Month? Don't prove me wrong, if you know what's good for you, either!

We had a wicked awesome thunderstorm tonight. Thunder is still rattling as I write - I love it. If it weren't a Friday night, I'd get my PJs on and jump into bed, just to fall asleep to the sound of thunder. I think I sleep better when it's raining and thundering Maybe not, but only I have to think so.

Meg came over yesterday. Nice to see her, even if she only came over to change the oil in her car and steal food from our freezer. I'm on to you, Meg. We had to go to the company store today to replenish what she took! Alas, they had no whipped cream in a can!!! They finally had pudding, but no whipped cream, it's a travesty, I tell you. Reddi-Whip, that's the stuff. Last time we bought a can at the company store, the LARGE can, it was $1.50, when I saw it at Wal-Mart the same weekend it was $3.65. I knew we should have grabbed a couple last week, darn it.

Everyone is coming over on Sunday evening for dinner. We're going to cook bacon-wrapped filets, have baked potatoes, and I'll have to figure out what sort of cool, end-of-summer dessert to have. I can't believe summer is over already! Steve's cousin Cheryl sent him a quote the other day I thought was funny - Life is like toilet paper, the closer you are to the end, the faster it goes. Ain't that the truth!

Our weather is looking wonderful for next week - high's in the 70s and lows in the 50s - ahhhhh. Bliss!

No comments: