Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter, Peeps

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and manged to remember that Jesus is the reason for this season also. Can you imagine what it must have been like to walk up to the tomb and find it empty? How sad... But then to find out He lived again, what a wonderful thing! I know I'm looking forward to seeing all of my family again sometime in the future - and to know that the only reason it's possible is because Jesus died for us is just incredible. I didn't walk this earth until almost 2000 years after He died, but He died for me... It gives me shivers to think about it.

As I celebrated Easter today with my husband's family I had to stop for a minute and think about my mom. Not that I missed her, but more like I wonder if she realizes how much she's missing by cutting off her children, grandchildren, and now great-grandchildren. I feel sorry for her really, she's missing out on a lot of love!

We had dinner (as I said) with mom, Bob, Doris (Steve's aunt from Colorado), Sue, Smitty, Mikayla, Jackie and Justin, Meg, Steve and I, and my dad. (Pam aka "Miss Congeniality" as my dad called her today was working - thank goodness, so we didn't have to deal with her!) It was a great dinner. I'm so glad dad was there, he and Bob sat at a table by themselves (the old Cop table), which was good-- they love to talk about old cop stories and mom always rolls her eyes and gives Bob a hard time. Meg, Mikayla, Jackie and Justin sat in the blue room, which has gone from being the children's table to the young adult table -- funny how that happens, isn't it? The rest of us grownups that don't tell cop stories got to sit at the dining room table. It's nice to get together to visit. We should do it more often than just holidays, all of us live here - except Doris, so we could, we just don't. Of course we were missing Mike and Amy and their sweet family, since they're in Tennessee, but Amy's mom is out there, so they got to have some family time today too. Matt and Mirisa didn't come because apparently Matt forgot they were supposed to come have dinner with us. We talked about it at dinner last week, but they made other plans. Oh well, that's what happens sometimes when your kids start having families of their own, they have other family to spend time with!

Speaking of family - Vince spent the night on Thursday. I just love that little guy. But, as much as I love him, Toby loves him more! Toby would NOT leave him alone. Even wanted to sleep by the crib (uh, that was a big no... No incontinent dogs sleeping on my office carpet...) Vince had a little bit of fun with him, but Toby is so loud when he barks that Vince still gets scared. We had fun... I look forward to having him spend the night more often. Of course, I look forward to my grandchild spending the night too... And Ryan, if the opportunity ever arises if Tony and Candace more back to Omaha. I feel so freaking old sometimes...

Well, this is my weekend at work and must meet that stupid line quota... Off I go to type, type, type...

No comments: