Saturday, December 13, 2008

The weekend is upon us!

...and I'm thrilled! This is my last weekend off before Christmas. I can't believe that this year has gone by so fast! It seems like it was just Christmas last year and now, it's nearly Christmas again!

We're still missing our Sophie. I guess I'll feel better after we get her ashes back and she's "home" once again. Karl said tonight in an e-mail that the pain we suffer when we lose a furbaby (so much more than a "pet") is the price we pay for their unconditional love. That's probably true, and if so, we're really not paying a huge price. I can still picture her lying on the floor with a couple of her tennis balls, right next to me as I worked. She learned that if I took my headphones off I was willing to throw the ball, so as soon as I took them off, she was nudging me in the leg with the ball in her mouth. I actually wrote that entire thing without shedding a tear. That's certainly progress.

Steve had his 3 month checkup today. Dr. Y. took another biopsy from the area where the tumor was originally located, but he said to the naked eye everything looked fine. Yay. God took my dachshund - He is not taking Steve.

It was a relatively nice day today, in the 40s. I'm dreading the first part of next week, if the Weather Channel is correct. We're supposed to have an Arctic blast move through starting Sunday night. Temperatures down into the single digits with 30 miles an hour wind, gusts to 40! The weather radio today was saying wind chills into the -10 to -20 degree range. Oh, that just sounds nasty. I'm planning on holing up for the weekend if that's the case. I hate the cold. And to top it all off, the heater in Meg's car decided to stop working today. We're hoping it's just the thermostat, that should be expensive - should it?

Guess that's it. The end of a Very Bad Week, as Pooh would say. Good riddance. Here's to a better 2009!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am all for that!! Hang in there.
Missfit :)