Friday, August 29, 2008

Almost the weekend...

Had a busy day today, although you wouldn't think that to hear that I slept most of the day! I wanted to go to Fremont with Steve this morning for his preop history and physical, so he called and got me up at 8:30. Ugh... The dogs were shocked, too! I drove up, he had his appointment and I drove back. I dropped him back off at work, got home about 12:30 and went back to sleep until 3:15 or so. I can't believe I used to have a job where I had to be there at 6:30 and I was usually early. How did that happen? I much prefer staying up really late and sleeping really late. That's just my diurnal rhythm.

Steve's physical went well. They also did an EKG and chest x-ray. To tell the truth I was a little worried about the chest x-ray, but that turned out fine. He's been coughing a lot and you know me, Nervous Nellie here, I was sure he had metastases in his lungs. No, we don't even know for sure if it's cancer, but really, I expect the best and then when something good happens I'm REALLY surprised! Heh. Of course they don't have the blood work back yet, but I'm sure that's fine, it always is. Knock on wood - not that I'm superstitious or anything...

We went to Zesto's in Fremont for lunch. Our Zesto's in North O doesn't have really good hot dogs anymore. They used to be really good, but now they're downright nasty. The ones in Fremont are still gooood, so we had lunch there before trekking home. It was really humid and icky when we got to Fremont, but by the time we stopped for lunch the humidity had dropped a lot and it was relatively cool - come on, it's August in Nebraska, yes, 88 degrees is cool!

Toby was pretty put out that Steve didn't come home for lunch. He let me know he wasn't happy by snapping at me a few times. Crazy dog... I don't know why we keep him - aside from the fact that we love him. Good thing he's cute.

Meg had a callback for a tryout she had at school the other day... Keeping our fingers crossed for her on that one. The house is sure quiet since she left. You would think she hadn't already been gone for a couple years and only home the past 2 weeks. Ruger is devastated - you know Ruger. Do they make antidepressants for dogs? He sure needs some.

Okay, that was my break - back to work. I'm trying to suck up some OT. I asked the computer geek in the family - you know who you are - about a computer last week, so I have to make some extra moolah to pay for it. The IT people at Doane were going to fix Meg's for her so I could have mine back, but really I think that Gateway was a piece of crap to begin with, the keyboard never worked right, the DVD drive conked out on me. The only thing it was good for was Scrabble that I had downloaded on it. Sad, very sad.

That's it, I'm going back to work. After all, I slept until nearly 3:30, I should be able to work a little later, right?

No comments: