Saturday, April 19, 2008

Happy Saturday!

Yesterday was a thoroughly icky day to be off work. I took advantage of not wanting to be outside and went to get my hair redone. I hate my hair. I've always hated my hair, it's straight as string and has about as much body as a wet noodle - no wait, I think a noodle has more body. I went out to Millard to go to a scrapbook store I had visited earlier in the week when I was broke and couldn't afford anything, to pick up some things I wanted and while I was there I noticed a Hair Masters next door. I had just planned on going to Wal-Mart later and getting the top relayered and getting the brows waxed, but I figured as long as I was there, I might as well kill 2 birds with one stone and hit both shops. I'm so glad I did!

For some reason, on the spur of the moment I decided to get my hair highlighted. They had time to do it, so what the heck, I did it. I have to admit, for the first time in forever - I love my hair! The girl who did it, Heather, did a fabulous job with the cut and the highlights and I absolutely love the way it turned out. Thank you, Heather!

I watched Vince today while Amber and Jason went to the Nebraska spring game. He was such a good baby, I enjoyed watching him. They got stuck in traffic coming home - no wonder, 81,000 people attended the game. ha ha - it's a glorified practice and 81,000 people went. I think everyone is anxious to see how the Huskers are going to look this season with Bo as the new had coach and that asshat gone. I've got some pictures, I'll put on later.

I was going to watch Ryan tonight too, while Candace went out, but her mom's plans changed so he's staying home with grandma. I really wanted to see him, but it's amazing how tired you can get watching a 2 month old! I'll be taking a hot bath and crashing early, I think!

Now, I'm off to Romeos to pick up some dinner. Steve's been working hard all day, he got 3 loads of furniture and junk out of the garage (no, we don't normally store crap in the garage, but we knew in the spring the city had Keep Omaha Beautiful days and they take all that stuff and you don't have to take it to the city dump and pay a fee.) After he got done doing that he took down the fir, pine, cedar, whatever kind of tree it was that was at the end of the driveway. It was definitely dying and looking more pathetic year after year, so it was time to take it out. He got that all sawed up and chopped up into firewood and the mess cleaned up out of the yard, so I'm springing for dinner. Later taters.

No comments: