Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, Meghan!

Although it's technically not her birthday any more I have to wish my baby girl a happy 27th birthday. (Ouch)

I have no idea where the time has gone, it seems like she was just a little chubby, rosy-cheeked toddler and now she's 27 years old! I have to admit there were days during those teenage years that felt like an eternity, but overall the time has flown by! Happy birthday Miss Magoo!

When I think of her actual birth day, the part I always remember is calling my grandparents at 6:30 in the morning to tell them they were first-time great-grandparents and my grandma being so thrilled because she could hear Meg crying in the background. Grandpa only lived a couple of months after she was born and of course grandma has passed away since, so it's a bittersweet memory to be sure, but it's the memory that sticks out most in my mind. That, and my mom not being able to focus the camera. I don't think I have more than a couple pictures that were actually clear! Those were the days before auto-focusing 35-mm digital cameras and I don't think she'd ever used a 35-mm before!

Note to Gallaudet: Can you hurry up with those acceptance letters? We're getting tired of waiting.

No comments: