Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What a day for a walk!

I'm sitting here, supposed to be working, but Steve took a couple of the dogs for a walk, so I can't hear to work over the cacophony of the dogs that were left behind. The past two days have been so nice, I went for a walk yesterday, sans dogs. You can't really walk when you have a dachshund in tow. They have to stop every 2 or 3 feet to check out every "canine mailbox" on the block. There was still a little nip in the air yesterday, just enough for a sweatshirt and jeans to be comfortable walking attire. I walked the 3 or so blocks down to the park and then around the perimeter of the park and then back home. Not a long walk, it took about 20 minutes, but it sure felt good after being cooped up all winter!

This morning is a bad day for my shoulder and neck, so I didn't feel much like walking. I stayed in bed with my heating pad until about 2 and then I got up and took Ben to the pet store. I was going to go to Target, but the pet store is right next door, so I decided to see if I could replaced his recently gutted frog. They didn't have one, but you should have seen Ben. Apparently, I've never taken him with me to the pet store before. He sniffed and sniffed, and sniffed some more, but the funniest part was when we got to the toy aisle. He literally sit down and just stared. He couldn't believe it! An entire wall of toys! What's a dog to do? He was totally overwhelmed, I think. I tried to get him interested in something, but nothing could hold is interest for long, he had to just stare at the wall of toys some more. It was so funny! Since they didn't have any frogs I just got some carpet shampoo and left. Ben did get a treat though, I stopped for a fish sandwich from McDonald's, so he got a plain hamburger. Oh, and the lady at the pet store gave him a couple treats, so in Ben's eyes it wasn't a wasted trip!

By the time I got back home it was time to work. Nag. I just don't feel like it today. The great outdoors is beckoning and my neck hurts. Who can work under those conditions? To top it all off, our TA is running like molasses in January. I can't believe how slow it is today. I had to reallocate about 10 jobs and it took nearly an hour. That's toooooooo slooooooooow. My line count will suck today, that's for sure.

Well, the dogs have quieted down to a mild roar, so I think I can get back to work now.

Later!

No comments: