Thursday, February 7, 2008

Quote for the week - I remembered!

" We are all born for love; it is the principle of existence and its only end." Henry Finck

Yes, these are all quotes about love - I'm working on having a more positive attitude this year. (I know, I don't think it's working either - lol!)

I took 4 hours of PTO tonight since I have a doctor appointment tomorrow in Fremont at 10 a.m. and there's no way in hades I'm going to be in Fremont at 10 a.m. when I get off work at 4 a.m., but I thought I'd better catch up on the blogging. I took an Ambien already though, so if this makes no sense, maybe I'll edit it later!

Sounds like my brother is making some changes in his life - I bet he feels better getting things off his chest and being in more control. We both agreed today - you should never move in with someone when you've only known them for 7 months. I hope for his sake the real estate market picks back up soon and he can sell the house that he doesn't live in and be able to make some money, break even at least! I feel the same way about this place sometimes. I love this house, but there are some things about it I don't like, and most of the time I wish it were a little smaller, but Steve says it's an investment (wonder if he knows you have to keep it up to be an investment...). Right now we wouldn't get what we paid for it either. I'm hoping in a few years things will change, but they built a whole little low-income community in our neighborhood since we moved in so I wonder how that's going to affect the value of the house. I have to say (knock on wood) that we haven't had the trouble I anticipated, but last summer was the first summer the homes had been occupied, so we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully, our nice peaceful neighborhood won't change so much.

I paid a visit to Amber and her new little family today. I made a casserole and took it over for dinner. Amber is starting to have a little bit of postpartum blues and she's scared to death, being a first time mom. I spent a little time with her and held the baby for a bit. He's so darn cute! Mel is actually spending the night over there tonight to give them a chance to get some sleep. Amber and Jason slept in shifts last night so someone was always awake with the baby (oh, can you tell it's their first?). Both of them are exhausted and in need of some good sleep. The baby has a bit of jaundice and is definitely looking a bit more yellow today then he was on Monday, but the pediatrician saw him today and said he's doing fine! I wouldn't expect any less, he's got the best mom and dad in the world - but them I'm a little partial... Jason's sister in law is staying over tomorrow night and then his brother and sister will be here from Minneapolis for the weekend, so they'll have some extra help until Sunday. By that time I think they'll have started to get into a routine, so I bet they'll be fine by then. I'm not that far away if they need something. I'm up until 4:30 a.m. usually, so Amber has someone to call in the middle of night without having to worry about waking anyone up. See, I knew I was good for something...

Marc sent me a new computer and I got it yesterday. I hate to admit I'm such a slacker that I haven't even got it set up yet. He didn't send the power cord, thinking we could use the one from our old computer, but Steve had gotten a wild hair and decided to use the old computer down by his radio, so we didn't have a spare. The one from my external hard drive will work, but today after I got up, made the casserole for Amber and Jason, went to their house, came home, made our dinner, mom and Bob came over, and then it was time to work, so I didn't have any time tonight. I'm really, really anxious to set it up. Hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow between my doctor appointment, the vet ophthalmologist appointment with Toby and getting dinner. I want to sit down and just play with it! Thanks again, Santa!

I'm not even going to begin to write about politics right now. I think I'm the kiss of death for politicians. Ever since I was old enough to vote I don't think I've ever voted for anyone who eventually won. I will say that I think Huckabee is a thorn in my side right now. He obviously hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell of winning, all he's doing is taking votes away from McCain or Romney. I agree with my brother in that respect, he's just another Ross Perot. Jerk.

I think that's about it for now. I've got to go move some dogs around so I have enough room to sleep. I'm glad we don't own/rescue Rhodesian Ridgebacks. ;-)

No comments: