Saturday, June 2, 2007

Homebound

I was totally ticked at Steve last night, so Meg and I went for a ride and got home late. I guess to make amends he invited us to go out to breakfast this morning with him. Tom was coming up from Pickerell and they were going to brew some lambic. Of course I'll go. Free breakfast? Are you nuts? I woke up with a raging headache though, probably a carryover from the stupid flare that settled in my back and neck the past few days. When we got home from breakfast, I grabbed Ben, Jojo, and a book, and went back to bed where it didn't take me long to fall asleep again.

I enjoyed a 3 hour nap and woke up headache free! Woo hoo! Steve told me he and Tom were heading down to Beertopia to see what kind of new beers they've gotten in since last time Tom was in town (I'm glad I woke up feeling good and was ready to be sociable!). He asked if I wanted to go, but really, do you think Beertopia holds any appeal for this Mormon Girl? You're right. I decided to skip their trip, thinking I'd go use my birthday gift cards at Village Pointe while they were gone, but after they left I discovered Tom was parked behind my side of the garage and they had taken Steve's truck. Crap. It's not like there's nothing to do here, I just don't feel like doing anything. And I'm dying for a Diet Dr. Pepper and I'm out! I thought about walking down to the gas station about 3 blocks away to get one, but it's thundering and about to rain, so I nixed that idea too. Grrr.

Guess I'll just grab a glass of ice water, my book, and settle in on the sofa with the dogs for some reading. I hate not being able to go somewhere when I want to!

No comments: