Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dog Stuff

Ben the Might Hunter has taken the place of Charlie Brown the Might Hunter. Thank goodness Steve came home from Lincoln early this afternoon. All the dogs were outside and they all came in to greet dad, except Ben. I called for him outside and as he slooooooowly approached the house in a very un-Ben-like manner I thought I noticed something hanging out the side of his mouth. I yelled for Steve because something told me this wasn't a toothpick. Unfortunately, a bird met it's untimely demise at the paws of Ben. (The Mighty Hunter).

Unfortunately, Ben's tummy isn't quite as strong as Charlie's, so about 2 hours later he came in an yarked up little birdie pieces all over the rug in the blue room. As I said, thank God Steve came home early from Lincoln. Ewwww. I shudder to think of having to clean that gross mess up.

Ruger is being especially neurotic this week. Last night he wanted to get in bed with us, but when I would get out of bed to pick him up, he would got hide under the bed. Than as soon as I get back in bed, he'd come out and want to get in bed. This went on for about 10 minutes and finally I decided to heck with him, I was going to read. I didn't pick him up until he whined and cried about being on the floor. Wonder what's up with that?

I tried to work on Charlie Brown's scrapbook again last night. I just can't look at those last pictures we took. He looked so bad, I feel so terrible. I put it away for another day. Next Friday will be 6 months since we had to put him to sleep. It feels like a lot longer than that, yet, at the same time, I feel like it was yesterday.

No comments: